Another month, another newsletter.
1) What a successful run we had in February! Almost 100 people, media coverage and a good cause. I think it was the biggest ever? We will have to dig deep to repeat that again.
2) Well done to Suzette and Luke. Weeks of planning, calls and soliciting paid off and a new KZN Chapter is in the making. Follow the activities already on the website (www.goldwingsa.co.za) and Facebook.
3) A big thank you to all the members that have paid the membership and ride-along fees before the deadline of end of January. We still have a few outstanding payments. Please address this as soon as you can. (Let Tronelle, Johan D or myself know if you need to make an alternative arrangement).
4) A reminder about the Kakamas Mini Wing Fling for the end of April. Details are on the website, Facebook and WhatsApp Official group.
5) A very early reminder: Please diarise the weekend of 25 and 26 August to keep it open. This will be our Mystery Weekend away. Barbara will identify the place where we will be led into temptation by her.
6) Out next run is on 4 March and details have been posted. I will repost them after this message. We need to know who will attend the run, in order for Maraai to prepare salads and dessert. (Thank you, Maraai!) If you have not answered yet, please do so soon.
7) Central Chapter acquired a number of the badges that were normally kept with National. Nic has volunteered to be the “smous” at every run. This will also feed Central’s funds a bit. Please support us.
8) We have arranged that we will work with Honda Menlyn in Pretoria to find a suitable date for a fund-raising activity. They are very keen and will provide parking, ample advertising and all the necessary for us to braai and sell hamburgers and/or rolls (ideas?) on a Saturday morning to boost our kitty. We have not yet fixed a date, but will try for it to coincide with the arrival of the 2018 model in their showroom.
9) Please keep in mind that Central Chapter will be responsible for hosting the 2019 Wing Fling. We need ideas for fund-raising activities … and lots of them. Please share your thoughts.
10) A reminder why we do what we do as a Wing Riders club: To create an opportunity to ride our Wings together and to create a platform where we can socialise together. Please do not let any other issues put this in jeopardy.
11) It is always possible that we might have missed something. Please remind us/discuss during the run and then we can do a follow-up communication to be sure all members are on the same page. Please feel free to send comments or suggestions.
12) The part below, will always be in the newsletter as a reminder – the dates that you need to diarise.
There was a request for a camping weekend to be slotted in somewhere (camping or chalets) … again, please, any ideas for when and where?
Reminder that the Saturday morning fundraising activity will also be slotted in somewhere – it is a pretty busy schedule.
Take care and see you next Sunday.